Is there a Southern Maryland home maintenance project that’s been lingering on your to-do list for too long because you’re dreading the trip to the hardware or craft store? There are some projects you can tackle with items that are almost certainly already when Selling your Maryland house.
- Vinegar: There’s probably a jug of vinegar in your pantry right now. You can soak items in vinegar to remove mineral deposits (like in a clogged shower head), and you can boil vinegar in your microwave to remove odors and make it easier to clean.
- Cola: A can of Coke or Pepsi can be used to clean many surfaces, including your glass windows, porcelain toilet, or chrome fixtures. Just do some research before using it on metal surfaces, as it can be corrosive.
- Baking soda: This item may actually be more useful for applications other than baking. A baking soda-vinegar paste is great for cleaning bathrooms and kitchens. Baking soda can also be used to absorb odors.
- Butter knife: Screwdrivers are easy to misplace. If can’t find a screwdriver when you need one, a butter knife—preferably an older one that you no longer need for table setting—is pretty effective for both Phillips- and flat-head screws.
- Toothpaste: Is there an unsightly scratch on your car or bike? The grit in tarter-control toothpastes makes for an effective scratch remover. Clean the scratch, apply some toothpaste, let it sit for a few minutes, and then buff it out with paper towel.
The American Dream of homeownership is alive and well. Recent reports show that the U.S. homeownership rate has rebounded from recent lows and is headed in the right direction. The personal reasons to own differ for each Maryland Home buyer, but there are many basic similarities.
Today we want to talk about the top 5 financial reasons you should own your own home.
1. Maryland Homeownership is a Form of Forced Savings
Paying your mortgage each month allows you to build equity in your home that you can tap into later in life for renovations, to pay off high-interest credit card debt, or even send a child to college. As a renter, you guarantee that your landlord is the person with that equity.
2.Homeownership in Maryland Provides Tax Savings
One way to save on taxes is to own your own home. You may be able to deduct your mortgage interest, property taxes, and profits from selling your home, but make sure to always check with your accountant first to find out which tax advantages apply to you in your area.
3.Homeownership Allows You to Lock in Your Monthly Housing Cost When Buying a home in Maryland
When you purchase your home with a fixed-rate mortgage, you lock in your monthly housing cost for the next 5, 15, or 30 years. Interest rates remained around 4% all last year,
marking some of the lowest rates in history. The value of your home will continue to rise with inflation, but your monthly costs will not.
4.Buying a Home Is Cheaper Than Renting
According to the latest report from Trulia, it is now 37.4% less expensive to buy a home of your own than to rent in the U.S. That number varies throughout the country but ranges from 6.5% cheaper in San Jose, CA to 50.1% cheaper in Detroit, MI.
5.No Other Investment Lets You Live Inside of It
You can choose to invest your money in gold or the stock market, but you will still need somewhere to live. In a home that you own, you can wake up every morning knowing that your investment is gaining value while providing you a safe place to live.
Before you sign another lease to rent a home in Maryland, let’s get together your Realtor Skip Young With Remax 100 and Caruso Homes, to help you better understand all your options of buying a Maryland Home for Sale.
Find out your Homes Value in Southern Maryland today by filling and submitting the form.
If you are looking to Buy a Home in Southern Maryland, hire a Southern Maryland Realtor to help you find the Home you are looking for. In either Charles County, St. Mary’s County, Prince Georges County, Calvert County or Anne Arundel County, Finding and Hiring a local Realtor will help you find the right home for the right price. If its New Construction you need, your local Maryland Realtor can help you find the right Community or even find the right On Your Lot with Caruso Homes to build your Luxury Dream Home.
Realtor: Skip Young
Skip Young Realtor
is rated 5 stars on Google based on 3 reviews
10665 Stanhaven Place Suite 300
White Plains, MD 20695
Mon-Sat 8am – 6pm
Maryland Homes For Sale
Homes for Sale Indian Head MD 20640 | Homes for Sale La Plata MD 20646 | Homes for Sale Port Tobacco MD 20677 | Homes for Sale Bryans Road MD 20616 | Homes for Sale Bryantown MD 20617 | Homes for Sale Cobb Island MD 20625 | Homes for Sale Hughesville MD 20637 | Homes for Sale Pomfret MD 20675 | | Homes for Sale Waldorf MD 20601, 20602, 20603, 20604 | Homes for Sale Nanjemoy MD 20622 | Homes for Sale Newburg MD 20664 | Homes for Sale Welcome MD 20693 | Homes for Sale White Plains MD 20695 | 20640 | Homes for Sale in 20646 | Homes for Sale in 20677 | Homes for Sale in 20616 | Homes for Sale in 20617 | Homes for Sale in 20625 | Homes for Sale in 20637 | Homes for Sale 20675 | Homes for Sale20601, 20602, 20603, 20604 | Homes for Sale 20611 | Homes for Sale 20622 | Homes for Sale 20664 | Homes for Sale 20693 | Homes for Sale 20695
Infographic by KCM Crew