Benefits to becoming a Home Owner and Purchasing a Home in Maryland
Every family has a list of important dates. We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, pet adoptions…and the list goes on. For 64.4 percent of households in the United States, this list includes the day they became a homeowner for the first time!
Why is this date important? Homeownership is not just a roof over your head! It represents shelter, stability, wealth, and pride! For decades, homeownership has been an important part of the American Dream!
However, many question if the next generations see the same benefits of homeownership as their predecessors.
In case we have forgotten, some of those benefits are:
- Educational Achievement: Homeownership has a positive impact on academic achievement, including reading and math performance in children 3-12 years old.
- Civic Participation: “Owning a home means owning a part of the neighborhood.” Homeowners have a stronger connection to their neighborhood and are more committed to volunteer.
- Health Benefits: Adjusting for a range of demographic, socioeconomic and housing-related characteristics, homeowners have a substantial health advantage over renters.
- Public Assistance: The report shows 47% of homeowners use their home equity credit lines to help pay other debts, diminishing their need for public assistance.
- Property Maintenance and Improvement: A well-maintained home not only generates benefits through consumption and safety, but a high-quality structure also raises mental health.
- Pride of Ownership: This place is uniquely “yours.” You can customize it according to your likes and personality.
In addition to financial benefits, homeownership also brings significant social benefits. These not only pertain to the family, but extend to the communities, the state, and the country!
Buying a home is an investment in your future!
- Appreciation: On average, home prices are appreciating annually at a rate of 3.6%. This helps to create a safety net.
- Forced Savings: Your mortgage is like a forced savings plan! With each payment, you are reducing the principal of your loan.
- Home Equity: Homeownership builds equity every single month. You can later use that equity to start a business, send your children to college, etc.
- Net Worth: A homeowners’ net worth is 44x greater than renters! This gives you the financial freedom to invest.
- Stability: Rent prices increase 4% annually! A fixed mortgage payment allows you to save for future projects and guard against inflation.
- Tax Benefits: The government has created tax benefits to encourage customers to purchase. (Talk to your CPA to see which benefits apply to you).
Homeownership is and will always be part of the American Dream! There are many financial and non-financial benefits to take advantage of when owning a home. If owning a home is part of your dream, contact a local real estate professional to help you with the process!
Skip Young – Your Maryland Veterans Realtor®
Yes, I am a Realtor, and I am MVHC or Military Veteran Housing Certification. Meaning I have to understand your Military Move, your Retirement move and when you take on you Veteran status, I need to understand all aspects. Working together is a partnership that I am willing to share my previous Elite Military Skills and 16 Years of Real Estate Knowledge.
f you are stationed here and are looking to purchase or sell a home please contact Skip Young Realtor®:
Marine Barracks Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling PSD Washington, DC Washington Navy Yard USCG Headquarters Visitor Entrance the United States NavyNavy Band US Army National Guard Armory American Military Society Navy Lodge US Naval Reserve Readiness Military Naval & Air AttacheWashington DC Police Department Air Supply US Coast Guard Headquarters Joint Anacostia-Bolling AFB Department of NavyFort George G. Meade Naval Support Facility Indian Head Joint Base Andrews Coast Guard Yard US Air Force Civil Air Patrol NAVAIR Maryland Military Department Naval Surface Warfare Center Army National Guard Recruiter US Army Reserve Center Naval Air Station Patuxent River Welcome to the Fort Belvoir Air Force United States Department Joint Base Andrews, MD
Skip Young Realtor® with Reviews as a Realtor®, has an extensive background in working with an Elite Unit while serving his country from 91 – 94. Now an Award-winning Realtor®, located in Waldorf MD, has proven not just in the ranks of the field with an Elite unit in the Army, but also in the Maryland Real Estate Business. By working with every type of client, to include active duty and veterans alike. His dedication to helping those who are serving and need to use their VA loan, need information on leasing a property due to a short-term duty station at any one of the bases here in the Washington DC, Maryland or Virginia. Military bases such as:
There are currently 23 million veterans and service members right in your local community of Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia. They transact over $153 billion annually in the Local Real Estate purchases and Selling of Property, along with the Rental Market. Learn how you can help tap into and serve the veteran community with VAREP, the Greater Annapolis Chapter. Skip Young your Waldorf MD Realtor® and Veteran is still continue’s to serve my country by helping our community of brothers and sisters by representing the Government Affairs division. The position is about assisting in changing the laws that help protect veterans and service members who need to find housing in the Washington DC Maryland and Virginia area.
Skip Young | EXP Realty | Waldorf MD Realtor®
Realtor®, Veteran, New Home Sales
888-860-7369 x 240 Broker
137 National Plaza, Suite 300
National Harbor, MD 20745
Caruso Homes “Build on Your Lot”
2120 Baldwin Avenue, Suite 200, Crofton, MD 21114
Waldorf MD Realtor® | Veteran | eXp Realty | Author | VAREP Director of Government Affairs Greater Annapolis Chapter